Affirmations for self love are a way to internalize compassion and love for yourself. Over time, affirmations can help replace these negative thoughts with positive thoughts. This list of 71 self love affirmations can help you start to rewire your brain for self love, positivity, and inherent worthiness.
For some reason, it’s often easier to be kind and gentle with others than it is with ourselves. While we’re quick to forgive the mistakes of others, we remember our own mistakes in excruciating detail.
Rather than choose to forgive ourselves, we live for years with guilt, shame, and regrets.
Rather than choose the life path that feels right for us, we make choices based on the expectations of others.
Rather than accepting ourselves for who we are, we decide that we aren’t worthy of love until we’ve achieved something in the future.
By recognizing this pattern of negative thinking and replacing those thoughts with positive thoughts, we can replace them over time. Not all of these affirmations will be necessary for you. Pick and choose those that resonate with you, as a way to set the right tone for your day or to serve as a pick-me-up when you’re experiencing difficult feelings.
Below is a printable PDF version of this list of affirmations for self love.
Let’s jump into the affirmations.
71 Affirmations for self love
You can download this full list as a printable PDF below:
- My life deserves to be full of peace and love.
- Happiness and joy is a part of who I am.
- There is power in what I pay attention to. I choose to notice what’s good in me.
- My life is for me, not for others. I deserve to make decisions that make me happy.
- When I fail, I choose to be gentle with myself.
- I allow myself to release all guilt, shame, and regrets.
- Every day, I see myself grow wiser. Every day, I change for the better.
- Who I am is exactly who I need to be.
- When I feel stressed, I remind myself that my natural state is joy and love.
- I choose to trust myself deeply.
- Rather than worry what others think, I choose to live my life for me.
- In every way, I am already enough.
- I choose to cultivate positive thoughts about myself.
- I’m allowed to have needs and express them.
- I choose to be kind to myself.
- Rather than follow the expectations of others, I choose the path that’s right for me.
- I love who I used to be, who I am, and who I’m becoming.
- When I look back on past versions of myself, I feel warmth and gratitude.
- Taking time for self-care is not the same as being selfish.
- Sometimes, I feel emotionally turbulent. That’s okay. I allow myself to feel all feelings.
- I know that courage isn’t the absence of fear, it’s taking action in the face of fear.
- My own approval is worth more than the approval of others.
- When I look at my life, it’s incredible how much I’ve grown.
- My life is full of harmony.
- I walk through the world feeling loved, by myself and by others.
- If I want to change myself, I can. But I don’t have to change in order to love myself.
- I’m allowed to set boundaries and expect others to follow them.
- My voice deserves to be heard, and my feelings deserve to be shared.
- Today, I choose joy.
- I deserve happiness and inner peace.
- All people make mistakes. I’m a good person.
- Good things are coming for me.
- I am calm, happy, and content.
- I’m allowed to say “No” to protect my energy and time.
- Perfection isn’t possible. All I expect from myself is to try.
- I am proud of myself.
- I deserve everything good coming my way.
- I send unconditional acceptance to myself.
- I’m striving to be my best self, but I accept all versions of me.
- I aim to be as kind and tender to myself as I would to a dear friend, or a child.
- I allow myself to take time to heal.
- I release myself from stress.
- Not everything in life goes according to plan, but through it all, I love myself.
- I give myself permission to choose what’s best for me.
- I accept every part of myself – the good and the bad – unconditionally
- I seek to recognize the person I truly am, and allow that person to grow and flourish
- Today, I feel light and at ease.
- Everything I need is already within me.
- Today, right now, I choose to believe in myself and love myself.
- I am worthy of respect. I treat myself with respect and expect others to do the same.
- I am worthy of love without accomplishing anything. Just existing is enough.
- I’m improving the world through my interactions with others.
- My vision for my future is powerful, and I deserve to expect the life of my dreams.
- My past doesn’t define me. I’m defined by who I’m becoming.
- An incredible transformation is happening within me.
- Every day, I grow into a better version of me.
- I choose to release myself from destructive thought patterns and negative thoughts.
- I am worthy of forgiveness. I choose to forgive myself.
- I notice what feels like an obligation in my life, and release myself.
- I choose to associate with people who make me feel better, and allow those who don’t to drift away from my circle.
- Although I’ve made mistakes, they don’t define me.
- I have something of value to give to the world just by being me.
- I choose not to compare myself to others.
- I know what truly matters, and allow myself to prioritize those things.
- Happiness is within me, waiting for me to choose it.
- I am human. Everyone makes mistakes, and I am no different. But I am still worthy of love.
- When I’m hard on myself, I make the choice to treat myself like a dear friend instead.
- Every mistake I’ve made and every difficulty I’ve faced has made me who I am today.
- I’m capable of change.
- I’m excited to see where my life takes me, and who I become.
- This is my one and only life, and I deserve to make decisions that make me happy.
For further inspiration, see the following articles about self love:
Hi there—my name is Ryan. My mindfulness practice kicked off in 2016 after I joined a ten-day silent retreat. I started Mindfulness Box because thinking about what makes humans happy, calm, and peaceful is endlessly fascinating to me.