Some people meditate in silence, and some people can meditate in noisy environments. Others, like me, meditate with music on. Personally, I prefer this; the music works as a kind of cue for my brain to remind me that this is a time I’m setting aside especially for this activity.
These 100 meditation scripts were created to help beginner and intermediate meditators practice key mindfulness concepts like self-love, forgiveness, gratitude, and inner peace.
Designed to fit into busy schedules, each meditation script lasts 3-5 minutes. Perfect for starting or closing a group meditation; for yoga, coaching, or therapy sessions; or for your personal meditation practice.
For me, they strike the right balance between budget and performance.
Want to compare more options? Read on.
What to look for in meditation headphones
When searching for the ideal headphones to enhance your meditation sessions, prioritize headphones with maximum noise isolation abilities first and foremost. The key is blocking out as much external noise as possible to eliminate distractions and attain inner stillness and clarity.
That means you probably want over-ear headphones, although in-ear can come in handy if you’re on the go and have limited space.
Here’s what to look for:
- Noise Cancellation Capabilities: Top-notch noise cancelling capabilities enable tuning out any ambient chatter, vehicle sounds, barking dogs, upstairs neighbors, and other sonic disruptions. Look for active noise cancelling (ANC) models that electronically cancel lower frequency sounds. Even better, opt for hybrid ANC that adds feedforward mics to also cancel out higher pitched disturbances.
- Comfortable Fit: Secondly, you want headphones that will feel comfortable staying snugly in place for extended periods while their plush earpads gently hug your head. Pressure points and frequent slippage are the enemies of meditation. Prioritize lightweight construction and cozy yet non-intrusive earpads that let you forget you have headphones on at all.
- Audio Quality & Customization: Meditation headphones should reproduce peaceful music, sound baths, guided sessions, and more with crystal clarity and perhaps a slight bass emphasis. Customizable EQ presets allow tailoring your audio to perfection. Drivers that deliver hi-fi, spacious reproduction enrich immersion.
- Simplicity of Controls: To avoid distraction, the on-earcup controls should provide seamless management of volume levels, noise cancellation settings, transparency modes, music playback functions, and voice assistant access. Buttons requiring concentration disrupt focus, while integrated voice commands enhance simplicity.
The best headphones for meditation
When shopping for headphones to enhance your meditation practice, comfort and noise isolation are key. You want something lightweight that will stay put during long meditation sessions, with ear cups that block ambient noise so you can turn inward.
These ten options fit the bill in terms of both sound quality and ergonomics:
1. Anker Soundcore Life Q30
Anker’s Soundcore Life Q30 are the headphones I use.
They have active noise cancelling, they’re over-ear headphones, they’re comfortable, and they have a budget-friendly price point. Customized equalizer settings let you tweak audio to your preferences, while soft memory foam earcups provide excellent isolation.
2. Bose QuietComfort 45
Some people are die-hard Bose fans. If that’s you, you can’t go wrong with the Bose QuietComfort 45 for meditation.
With soft ear cushions that maintain a tight yet gentle seal over your ears, these wireless over-ears top the charts for noise cancellation and comfort. Safety features like an “Aware” transparency mode let some sound in when needed.
3. Sony WH-1000XM5
Besides being more stylish than your standard noise-cancelling headphones, Sony’s WH-1000XM5 headphones feature intelligent noise cancelling which adapts in real-time based on your environment, ensuring maximum ambient noise reduction.
The soft headband and light weight design lessen strain during long meditations.
4. Shure Aonic 50
The Shure Aonic 50 is a sophisticated set of noise-cancelling headphones with high-end audio performance for immersive sound, paired with premium comfort features perfect for meditation use.
An added perk is the rechargeable battery’s impressive 45-hour run time.
5. Audio Technica ATH-ANC300TW
Audio Technica’s ATH-ANC300TW has impressive quality sound, despite the small size. These in-ear headphones have flexible eartips that mold to your ear shape for a secure, personalized fit that will stay put while you meditate.
If you’re looking for something to help you block out the noise of the world so you can meditate on the go, these meditation earbuds ought to be a strong contender.
6. Philips PH805
For those who prefer on-ear models, the PH805 set from Philips delivers blissful tranquility without breaking the bank. The breathable on-ear cushions are ideal for longer wear, and active noise cancelling helps mute external distractions. An ambient mode pauses music to amplify voices when you need to chat.
7. Jabra Elite 85h
With a durable yet comfortable design, the Jabra Elite 85h over-ear headphones offer personalized active noise cancellation and an impressive 36-hour battery life (even with ANC switched on), making them an ideal option for long meditation sessions.
The on-ear detection pauses sound when removed, maintaining tranquility.
8. Bowers & Wilkins PX7
Bowers & Wilkins has an incredible reputation among audiophiles, and the Bowers & Wilkins PX7 is no different – it’s not cheap, but if you want a perfect meditation environment, it’s hard to beat.
Outstanding audio fidelity meets class-leading noise cancellation from these high-end over-ear headphones. The carbon fiber and steel driver diaphragms reproduce highly immersive, adaptive soundscapes.
With a two hour charge, you’ll get 30 hours of playback; even better is the “quick charge” feature giving you 7 hours of playback with a 15-minute charge.
9. Apple AirPods Max
Looking for stylish headphones? Look no further. It’s tough to beat the Apple AirPods Max – except on price, perhaps.
On performance, they’re unparalleled. The breathable knit mesh canopy on these premium over-ear headphones evenly distributes weight for long-term wearing comfort. Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking results in deeply immersive sound.
10. Sennheiser Momentum 4
Sennheiser has been making headphones for decades– and their experience shows with the Sennheiser Momentum 4.
The precise active noise cancellation on these well-crafted over-ear headphones aptly helps quiet outside disturbances during meditation, while soft-padded sheepskin ear cushions ensure enduring comfort so you can focus inward.
Choosing Meditation Earphones: The Final Word
If you haven’t decided yet after scrolling through this list, keep these criteria in mind:
- Prioritize advanced noise cancellation capabilities above all, as blocking external distractions paves the way for inner stillness
- Ensure a customized, secure fit that stays perfectly in place without pinch points or slippage over long periods
- Seek out plush, lightweight materials that gently envelope the head without causing discomfort
- Check for customizable audio controls and presets to curate your ideal tranquil soundscape
- Consider battery life for uninterrupted lengthy meditation sessions
- For simplicity, look for integrated voice assistant access to manage settings hands-free
- Test out ergonomics and noise isolation abilities to determine the optimal balance for your preferences
The wrong headphones can be distracting. But by tuning out interruptions and ensuring comfort, the right headphones can enhance your meditation experience.